From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: another "headless device"-question: In search of the LAN
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 12:23:13
1 <meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
4 > Unfortunately, ntp-client is configured via rc-update (added to
5 > "default") but after plugging in LAN the interface eth0 comes
6 > up and I have access via ssh...but the date is set to the beginnig
7 > of the UNIX epoch. I have to call ntp-client by hand.
8
9 Meino,
12 Make sure your system time (hwclock) is properly set upon bootup.
13 Since you are running on an embedded hardware board, I'd look at
14 those docs and find a forum as to the specifics of how the hardware
15 clock is set and maintained on the board. Once you get it close,
16 then ntp should be configuration.
17
18 man hwclock
19