From: Peter Weilbacher <newsspam@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Terminals not closing after exit anymore
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 16:45:24
1 On 2013-11-26 13:20, Marc Stürmer wrote:
2 > Zitat von Peter Weilbacher <newsspam@××××××××××.org>:
3 >
4 >> One more thing that happens to me is that apparently gnome-terminal
5 >> does not notify console apps of new window size. For me this happens
6 >> to Alpine. (The only reason why I didn't simply switch to xfce
7 >> terminal is that there I cannot switch off the scrollbar with
8 >> parameters.)
9 >
10 > Well I've found one possibility for that strange behaviour could be
11 > the proprietary Nvidia driver. There's already some bug open in the
12 > Gentoo Bugtracker.
13 >
14 > Downgraded from 331 to 319, but it did not really change at all, so
15 > still diggin'!
16
17 Yes, my Alpine-related problem was solved by downgrading the NVidia
18 driver from 331.20 to 331.17. The problem with the terminals that don't
19 want to close on Ctrl-D stays the same. (I also tried 331.13 but that
20 didn't help. And the problem started to appear after Oct 7th for me
21 which is when I installed 331.13.)
22
23 Peter.