From: "rzilka@××××.cz" <rzilka@××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem during compile ati-drivers
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:41:31
1 > when i try to compile ati-drivers (version 2.28.8, the latest driver
2 > for my card) for radeon 9200 i've the follor error:
3 >
4 > cannot stat flgrx.ko: no souch file or directory
5
6 I ran into the same problem (x86, more or less fully stable) after
7 switching to the 2.6.18-gentoo-r2 kernel when it had become stable. In
8 fact, any lastest stable ati-drivers usually haven't worked together
9 with the according lastest stable gentoo-sources for me...
10 Anyway: I suggest moving to ati-drivers-8.29.6 (masked) - this one
11 compiles and runs flawlessly as far as I can say. I.e. put the
12 following line into your /etc/portage/package.keywords:
13
14 =x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.29.6 ~x86
15
16 Maybe some later unstable version would compile as well.
17
18 HTH
19 -Roman
20 --