From: Nick White <nick@××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Error emerging Linphone; warnings being treated as errors
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 03:14:24
1 Hi there,
2
3 I installed Gentoo ala the most excellent Gentoo Handbook, and I extend
4 a million thank yous. I'm having a lot of fun with it, and the whole
5 venture is turning out to be very satisfying.
6
7 I do have a little problem emerging linphone, however.
8
9 It decides that it's appropriate to set something causing:
10
11 cc1: warnings being treated as errors
12
13 during compilation, which is immediately followed by the warning:
14
15 /usr/include/speex/speex.h:398: warning: type qualifiers ignored on
16 function return type
17
18 this causes the not-so-fun response:
19 make[2]: *** [linphonecore.lo] Error 1
20
21 I presume that I need to set some flag to stop warnings being treated as
22 errors, but I lack the knowledge to find what or how to do this. My
23 make.conf flags are very basic, with the (maybe) relevant lines:
24
25 CFLAGS="-march=pentium4 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
26 CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
27 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
28 MAKEOPTS="-j2"
29
30 Googling has turned up not much useful, so I turn to you, oh community
31 of truth and light.
32
33 Thanks,
34 njw