From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] complaints about world file and ooodi
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:08:33
1 On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:20:07 +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote:
2
3 > Hi folks,
4 >
5 > portage says something is wrong with my world file. "emaint --check
6 > world" produces this output:
7 > 'app-office/ooodi' has no ebuilds available
8
9 I means pretty much what it says. you have a package installed for which
10 there is no ebuild.
11
12 $ grep ooodi /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask -B 2
13 # Andreas Proschofsky <suka@g.o> (27 Oct 2005)
14 # Broken, not maintained, up for removal
15 app-office/ooodi
16
17 You have a number of choices:
18
19 1) echo "app-office/ooodi" >>/etc/portage/package.unmask
20 This will work until ooodi is removed from portage.
21
22 2) Do the above and copy the app-office/ooodi directory to your overlay.
23 Then it will still work after it is removed from portage.
24
25 3) emerge -C app-office/ooodi
26 This may be the best course if the program is broken as
27 suggested.
31 Neil Bothwick
32
33 X-Modem- A device on the losing end of an encounter with lightning.