From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libtool 2.x upgrade
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:11:37
1 On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 02:15:09 +0100, bn wrote:
2
3 > I have a stable x86 system that requires still a bit of updating, among
4 > those libtool and gcc. Since I need the system to be usable *now* for
5 > work reasons, I don't feel like updating gcc and rebuilding it all with
6 > an emerge -e system / emerge -e world, but more and more packages want
7 > to upgrade to libtool 2.x
8
9 GCC is slotted, so you can install the latest version but switch back to
10 the old version instantly if it gives you problems. Unless the is an ABI
11 change, which hasn't happened for a while, it is not necessary to rebuild
12 everything.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 There's no place like ~