From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Fast checksumming of whole partitions
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 06:41:22
1 Hi,
2
3 this night dd copies the contents of my first
4 1TB disk to my second 1TB disk (same Model).
5
6 (dd if=/devsda of=/dev/sdb bs=4096)
7
8 I want to verify, that the copy is identical.
9
10 I tried (or: I am still trying) to checksum
11 the first disk with
12
13 whirlpooldeep /dev/sda
14
15 whch seems to work but is DAMN slow (in relation
16 to checksumming 1TB in whole).
17
18 Is there any faster and reliable way to checksum
19 whole paritions (not on "per file" base)???
20
21 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
22
23 Best regards,
24 mcc
27 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
28 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
29 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
30 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.