From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I have a problem - sSMTP problem?
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 18:52:56
1 On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 14:47:22 -0400, Chris Walters wrote:
2
3 > | This looks like the default, you need to set to the the machine that
4 > | handles your mail, either a local mail server or your ISP's.
5 >
6 > Could you give me an example of how to set it to my local machine - I
7 > don't want to use my ISP? Would this involve emerging a new package?
8 > Also, I don't understand why this would default to adelphia.net.
9
10 You can't set it to your local machine, because the reason for using
11 ssmtp is that your machine doesn't have an MTA. If you want to send mail
12 from the machine without going through a gateway, you need to install a
13 proper MTA like Postfix.
14
15 The ssmtp man page should help you understand what it does and doesn't do.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Bang on the LEFT side of your computer to restart Windows