From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which cputime accounting for kernel-3.10.7 ?
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 11:14:25
1 On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 10:40:25AM +0100, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I'm about to compile a new kernel and running oldconfig brings up this new set
5 > of options. There is no help available, grep-ping through the Documentation
6 > wasn't particularly revealing and I haven't found anything in Google to help
7 > me decide what I need/want out of the three:
8 > ===================================================
9 >
10 > * CPU/Task time and stats accounting
11 > *
12 > Cputime accounting
13 > 1. Simple tick based cputime accounting (TICK_CPU_ACCOUNTING)
14 > > 2. Full dynticks CPU time accounting (VIRT_CPU_ACCOUNTING_GEN) (NEW)
15 > 3. Fine granularity task level IRQ time accounting (IRQ_TIME_ACCOUNTING)
16 > choice[1-3]: ?
17 >
18 > There is no help available for this option.
19 > Prompt: Cputime accounting
20 > Location:
21 > -> General setup
22 > -> CPU/Task time and stats accounting
23 > Defined at init/Kconfig:297
24 > Selected by: m
25 > ===================================================
26 >
27 > Option 2 seems to have been selected by default, but I am not sure if this is
28 > right for a laptop.
29 >
30 > What have you chosen and why?
31 >
32 > --
33 > Regards,
34 > Mick
35
36 Each of the three options has it's own individual help.
37 --
38 Happy Penguin Computers >')
39 126 Fenco Drive ( \
40 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
42 662-269-2706 662-205-6424
43 http://happypenguincomputers.com/
44
45 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
46 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
47 A: Top-posting.
48 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
49
50 Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting