From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE plasma pager layout indicator
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 18:57:43
1 On 16 July 2014 20:26:19 CEST, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 >> Am 16.07.2014 09:07, schrieb Dale:
4 >>> I have noticed something else odd as well. I use folder layout,
5 >like
6 >>> KDE3 had, for my KDE desktop setup. When I login to KDE, I have to
7 >>> switch to some other layout then switch back to folder to get my
8 >icons
9 >>> to show up. Once in a blue moon, it works as it should but most of
10 >the
11 >>> time, I have to go through this to get it to look like I have it set
13 >>> look.
14 >>>
15 >>> It's a different issue but could have a common cause. It seems some
16 >>> setting/config doesn't get stored properly. Then when we login, we
17 >have
18 >>> to undo/redo to get it to work.
19 >>>
20 >>> I have been putting up with my issue for about a year or so. I
21 >haven't
22 >>> done any research as to bug reports etc because I'm not real sure
23 >what
24 >>> to look for.
25 >>>
26 >>> Could be totally different, could be related. Just thought it worth
27 >>> adding to the pot. ;-)
28 >>>
29 >>> Dale
30 >>>
31 >>> :-) :-)
32 >>>
33 >>>
34 >> easiest way to test: new user. Copy over config files until problem
35 >occurs.
39 >I've done that before and it takes way to much time for me. What I may
40 >end up doing is just doing a rm on the kde directory. Thing is, even
41 >that may not fix the issue.
42 >
43 >Dale
44 >
46
47 Don't forget the random stuff in ~/.local and maybe also other directories.
48 I tend to keep important files outside my home directory and treat that as just a storage place of config files and browser cache.
49
50 I have a symlink in my home directory pointing to where the important files are kept to make it quick to find.
53 Joost
54 --
55 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.