From: Moshe Kaminsky <kaminsky@××××××××××××.il>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Make a running process nohup?
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 05:46:26
1 Hi,
2
3 * Qiangning Hong <hongqn@×××××.com> [07/09/05 12:20]:
4 >
5 > Is it possible make a running process nohup so that I can leave it
6 > running after I logout without interrupt it?
7
8 I don't know a standard way to do it, but I think what might work is to
9 run gdb within screen, in gdb say 'attach <pid>' (where <pid> is the
10 process id of your process), then say 'handle SIGHUP ignore nostop' and
11 finally 'cont' to continue the program. Didn't try it.
12
13 Moshe
16 > --
17 > Qiangning Hong
18 > http://www.hn.org/hongqn (RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/hongqn)
19 >
20 > Registered Linux User #396996
21 > Get Firefox! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=67907&t=1>
22 > Thunderbird! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=67907&t=183>
23 > --
24 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
28 I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
29 -- Douglas Adams
30
31 Moshe Kaminsky <kaminsky@××××××××××××.il>
32 Home: 08-9456841