From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]UPS battery dead?
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 23:50:48
3 > It's not supposed to say DEVICE /dev/ttyS0 for USB, it
4 > should just be
5 > blank as per /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf
6
7 Previously I had v.3.14 which I had installed from a tarball; now I'm using 3.12 installed via portage. And even though in both cases the conf file defaults to UPSTYPE usb the DEVICE has been listed as /dev/ttyS0. 3.14 complained it couldn't read the port whatever I put for DEVICE, /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS[0-3] or leaving just DEVICE followed by a blank. Now at least #apcaccess status reports something besides an error.
8
9 mw
13 Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!
14
15 http://www.flickr.com/gift/