From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cdda2wav/cdrecord - 1 CD refuses to copy...
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 09:17:10
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > In this case I will investigate doing the cdda2wav portion on a
4 > different machine and then writing it on the machine I have been using
5 > as that drive seems to be the only one that will still generate CDs
6 > playable in my car.
7 >
8 > I'm not completely convinced this is a drive problem but it won't hurt
9 > to be careful about where each step is done and do some comparisons of
10 > the files.
11
12 As I mentioned before, I cannot comment the cause as long as I did not see the
13 outout from at least:
14
15 cdda2wav -vall -B cddb=0
16
17 and I would recomment to use:
18
19 cdda2wav -vall -B cddb=0 -paranoia
20
21 The parania code is not used while reading the index list but the paranoia debug
22 output will help to understand the readability of the medium by your drive.
23
24 It would of course be interesting to know whether the index scan did take a
25 long time......
26
27 If you like, you may also try to compile cddawav to use linear seach by calling:
28
29 smake clean
30 smake COPTX=-DUSE_LINEAR_SEARCH
31