From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] konqueror:5 - why couldn't it be more like konqueror:3 ?!!
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 18:18:53
1 On Thursday 20 Apr 2017 12:47:20 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 170420 Dale wrote:
3 > > Mick wrote:
4 > >> On Wednesday 19 Apr 2017 19:14:10 Philip Webb wrote:
5 > >>> I've never used Konqueror as a file-manager, but regularly use Krusader,
6 > >>> which I strongly recommend for all heavy-lifting of files/directories.
7 > >>
8 > >> Thanks Philip, I had used Krusader in the past and you encouraged me to
9 > >> give it another spin. Icons for menus still don't show up and no matter
10 > >> what I select under Panels/Selection Mode, it still requires double
11 > >> click to open files or directories. Plus it has no side panel for
12 > >> switching fast to other places, remote servers, et al.
13 > >
14 > > It did the same when I peeked in on it too. For me, this worked.
15 > > Settings, Configure Krusader, Panels, Selection Mode. The check Obey
16 > > KDE's Global Selection Policy. It's not a easy setting to find
17 > > when you go blindly looking for it. If like me you have KDE set
18 > > to single click, a single click should open things up.
19 >
20 > Krusader worked properly with Fluxbox, so it shouldn't need KDE desktop,
21 > but you're correct that you need to go carefully thro' its config options.
22 > There are fast-switching options, but you may have to look for them :
23 > you can set bookmarks at the top of each panel,
24 > which I use to access an external site via Fuse among other places,
25 > & there's an option to call up a directory tree.
26 > The Krusader WWW site has a PDF manual you can download.
27 > Take a bit of time to look at everything Krusader offers.
28
29 Thank you both, I have tried various combinations but can't get it to work
30 with a single click. See attached screenshots of systemsettings5 for KDE-wide
31 mouse input and of krusader settings for Panel/Selection mode.
32
33 I still prefer hands down how old Konqueror could be split to multiple
34 horizontal and vertical regions (like tmux) and its side panel. For me
35 Krusader is not that much different to how Dolphin works, except that it does
36 not come with a side panel and has all the <F#> shortcut buttons. I'll take
37 it for a test drive while I lament the loss of Konqueror and see if it grows
38 on me.
41 Regards,
42 Mick

Screenshot_20170420_185842.png image/png
Screenshot_20170420_184726.png image/png
signature.asc application/pgp-signature