From: Pingveno <pingveno@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] distcc & LiveCD
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:41:01
1 I have a Windows computer and a Gentoo/Linux box. I'd like to use the
2 Windows computer to help in compiling, but I can't make any (permanent)
3 changes to the WinComp. Distcc + LiveCD would be nice for this task, but
4 the only distcc ISOs I can find floating around the Internet are either
5 Debian or Gentoo with an old version of GCC. In both cases, there would
6 inevitably be compilation problems. Is there a reasonably easy way for
7 me to put together a LiveCD with the necessary software?
8
9 -Pingveno
10 P.S. Can the CD use RAM (512 MB) for its filesystem, or should I find a
11 way to write files to the NTFS partition?
14 Linux User #340304
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list