From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something weird and I'm confused. BIOS and SATA is empty
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 00:42:31
1 On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 16:22:41 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > Or you could use make install and remove the possibility for
4 > > screw-ups. After all, you trust make to build and kernel, then build
5 > > and copy the entire module tree. Surely you can manage to trust it
6 > > with one more file :-O
7
8 > I did use it once but I didn't like the way it did it. That could have
9 > changed since then tho. I'm also bad to keep several versions of older
10 > kernels around too. I have had over a dozen on /boot before. That's
11 > why my /boot is a 200 Mbs or so. Sort of like this:
12
13 All it does it copy the kernel, system map and config to /boot and reset
14 the symlinks to point to the new and previous kernels. You can still keep
15 as many kernels as you want in /boot, but you can always boot the last two
16 without modifying GRUB's config.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Why do they call it a TV set when you only get one?