From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev-197: what to do
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:37:09
1 Am 26.01.2013 19:30, schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
2 > I have read the news item and still have questions. The news item
3 > covers several points.
4 >
5 > 1. remove udev-postmount:
6 > I did this but worry that I now cannot reboot until I upgrade
7 > udev. Is that correct?
10 It's a bit of a gamble but I guess the worst that could happen is that
11 you are dropped into a basic shell. Then it is easy to add
12 udev-postmount again and reboot.
13
14 > The news item does not mention the problem of moving files
15 > from /usr/lib/udev/rules.d to /lib/udev/rules.d. Am I correct in
16 > believing that we still need one of the equivalents of
17 > equery belongs -n /usr/lib/udev | xargs emerge -pv
18 >
19 > I used that successfully when one of my testing systems went to
20 > udev-197. I would think it is needed (before reboot) on my stable
21 > systems as well so I am surprised it is not in the news item.
24 I wondered about this as well but at least on my systems, /usr/lib/udev
25 is already gone. I guess all packages were rev-bumped to fix it.
26 BTW: A fast way to express `equery belongs -n /usr/lib/udev | xargs
27 emerge -pv` is simply `emerge -pv1 /usr/lib/udev`
28
29 Regards,
30 Florian Philipp