From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs.ext@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pwdb, pam and safe to remove?
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 07:05:24
1 Am Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2008 schrieb ext Dale:
2
3 > I get the gentoo-sources, no big deal. The java thing wouldn't exactly
4 > break my system either but the pwdb which pam depends on, well, wouldn't
5 > that be bad to remove?
6 >
7 > What's the deal? Remove it? Remove it and death will be painful and
8 > slow? o_O
9
10 Make a backup of the package with quickpkg, remove it, change to a different
11 virtual terminal and try to login as normal user. If it still works,
12 everything is fine. If not reinstall the package and make sure it ends up
13 in your world file.
14
15 HTH...
16
17 Dirk
18 --
19 Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)162 234 3408
20 Configuration Manager | Fax: +49 (0)211 47068 111
21 Capgemini Deutschland | Mail: dirk.heinrichs@×××××××××.com
22 Wanheimerstraße 68 | Web: http://www.capgemini.com
23 D-40468 Düsseldorf | ICQ#: 110037733
24 GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: www.keyserver.net