From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: vmware - help
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:14:52
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 19:05 on Monday 25 October 2010, Neil Bothwick
2 did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 19:55:53 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
5 > > Not what you asked for, but my advise is to upgrade to a newer version
6 > > of Workstation :P 7.1.2 is the current version (and it's in the
7 > > "vmware" overlay.)
8 >
9 > $100+tax is a lot to pay to upgrade something you only use sporadically.
10
11 This is also not the kind of solution you wanted, but I got fed up with the
12 eternal bullshit of dealing with vmware. All that nonsense with aany-any not
13 actually building with a kernel more recent than $X months where X is always
14 kinda large.....
15
16 Installed VirtualBox. Build/get new appliance if necessary. All issues sorted.
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com