From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ignore previous msg (Hotplugging not working)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 18:54:35
1 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On 31 Aug 2010, at 01:31, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >
5 >> Perhaps I should have "replied" to my local copy (gnus GCC), but then
6 >> the references would not be right in the newsgroup.
7 >
8 > Replying to the copy in your sent items should cause the reply to show
9 > properly in thread.
10 >
11 > The recipients' mail client should thread based the Message-Id: and
12 > References: headers.
13 >
14 > I paused before clicking send on this message, thinking that the
15 > Message-Id: might be added by your mail server, however looking in my
16 > sent items I find it to be added by the client (or by my client, at
17 > least) and a grep finds this header to be preserved when the message
18 > arrived to the list.
19
20 I hadn't realized this. Just to be sure, I will send in a few minutes
21 a reply to my local copy (Gnus GCC) of the first msg. You are probable
22 right as I should have realized that gnus will, as usual, do the right
23 thing.
24
25 allan