From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hardened install
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 06:08:35
1 James wrote:
2
3 >Hello,
4 >
5 >http://open-systems.ufl.edu/mirrors/gentoo/experimental/x86/hardened/livecd/
6 >is what I'm using to install a base system, later on a complete firewall/router.
7 >
8 >The K6 booted find with the grsec-noX option, but it prompts me for
9 >a login and password right off the bat.
10 >
11 >These did not work:
12 >root root
13 >admin admin
14 >gentoo gentoo
15 >root gentoo
16 >root hardened
17 >
18 >Any ideas what the cd uses for the root passwd. Note
19 >I did not set this up, the install CD booted up this
20 >way. I cannont manually setup the ethernet, if
21 >I cannot go root....
22 >
23 >Ideas?
24 >
25 >James
30 Hi,
31 NO direct help here, just suggestions ;)
32 Have you tried with a blank password or by using sudo.
33 Could ask on hardened-ML or hardened irc-channel (maybe a faster answer).
34 HTH. Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature