From: john <jdm@×××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] USB Problems
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 15:04:47
1 Gents
2
3 Whenever I insert external USB device my machine locks and I have to do
4 a hard reset (sys req does not even work). I have tried this in a
5 graphical environment and without. Machine boots up fine with USB
6 keyboard and mouse but will not boot up with usb storage (memory stick
7 - tried several)
8
9 I have recently upgrade kernel to 2.6.38-r6 when this error started
10 (approx). Hav also tried 2.6.38-r7 (which according to bugzilla
11 should fix an issue similar to this) the error still happens.
12
13 Any suggestions on kernel config options, debugging would be
14 appreciated. And how to trap full error message.
15
16 Error message alongs these lines
17
18 Kernel panic not syncing - fatal exception in iterrupt
19 ksoftirqd/1 Not tainted
27 John D Maunder