From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updates = slow firefox
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 18:52:10
1 >> ummm .. ok ? so your using the default xorg.conf .. could be why youve got bad performance.
2 >>
3 >> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
4 >>
5 >> -
6 >> deface
7 > But the new version of xorg (from circa 1.7) dont really need xorg.conf,
8 > moreover its discouraged to use one. (or just i think so)
9
10 Exactly.
11
12 > Grant, try to reemerge firefox (and if You haven't done it already the
13 > x11-drivers/*)
14
15 I re-emerged them with no change. I do think it has to do with
16 x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel though. I've had this problem in the
17 past, and the solution was to mask
18 >x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel-2.7.1. Unfortunately, those drivers
19 don't work with the latest xorg updates and now I'm on
20 xf86-video-intel-2.9.1. My wife has an identical laptop with the same
21 issue.
22
23 - Grant