From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: fluxbox-users@×××××××××××××××××.net
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dual monitors and dual desktops
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 16:13:34
1 On Oct 25, 2012 8:45 PM, "Kfir Lavi" <lavi.kfir@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 > I have a laptop and an external monitor.
5 > I would like to have both monitors showing different desktops.
6 > My aim is to have IRC and Email client on one side, and my shell and
7 programming stuff on the other side.
8 > Currently I managed to do a big virtual workspace with XRANDR, but it
9 stretches the browser and it is hard to setup correctly.
10 > I'm a Fluxbox user, and didn't find a way to define that starching the
11 window, will not stretch outside of the monitor I'm on.
12
13 If I recall correctly, USE=xinerama informs X clients to take multiple
14 monitors into account when maximising. I have it enabled globally but i
15 not sure which packages really need it.
16
17 > This is why I would like each monitor have it's own desktop.
18 >
19 > Thanks,
20 > Kfir
21 >
22 > virtual dual monitors:
23 > xrandr --output LVDS1 --primary --mode 1280x800 --pos 0x0 --auto --output
24 VGA1 --mode 1920x1080 --pos 448x0 --primary