From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH and terminal emulation
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:48:26
1 On Jan 23, 2006, at 12:35 PM, Tom Smith wrote:
2
3 > I use Kermit 95 to connect to my server. When I run "pstree" from
4 > an SSH
5 > session, I get the following type of output:
6 >
7 > <output>
8 > pcadobe ssh # pstree
9 > initqwqaacraid
10 > tq2*[agetty]
11 > tqcron
12 > tqevents/0
13 > tqkhelper
14 > tqkhpsbpkt
15 > tqkjournald
16 > tqksoftirqd/0
17 > tqkswapd0
18 > tqkthreadqwqaio/0
19 > x tqkacpid
20 > x tqkblockd/0
21 > x tqkhubd
22 > x tqkseriod
23 > x tq2*[pdflush]
24 > x mqscsi_eh_0
25 > tqminiserv.pl
26 > tqsshdqqqsshdqqqbashqqqpstree
27 > tqsyslog-ng
28 > mqudevd
29 > pcadobe ssh #
30 > </output>
31 >
32 > I haven't been able to determine what changes need to be made to the
33 > client (Kermit 95) to make this appear as it would at the console. I
34 > have Kermit setup using
35 >
36 > Terminal Type: Linux
37 > Terminal Remote-Charset: cp437
38 >
39 what is the output of "echo $TERM"?
40 > cp437 helped with the "menuconfig" interface of a kernel recompile
41 > as it
42 > was doing similar things when run from an SSH session.
43 >
44 > Can anyone provide with some feedback as to what the problem might be
45 > and what I need to do to resolve it?
46 >
47 > Thanks in advance for your help!
48 > --
49 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list