From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bloated by gcc
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 17:33:52
1 On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Poison BL. <poisonbl@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 >>>>>> I'm having a somewhat disgusting issue on my Gentoo: binaries are
5 >>>>>> unaccountably large.
6 >>>>>
11 > Just the off the top of my head thoughts on how I'd approach this. GCC
12 > has the option to not clean up its temp files used during the build,
13 > as well as outputting annotated assembly mid-build. The latter might
14 > be the most enlightening on what's being treated differently in the
15 > output of the various systems. I don't use those tricks often enough
16 > to remember what flags are what off the top of my head, since I only
17 > really dig that deep when playing with my avr based toys, but just a
18 > couple ideas I thought I'd pass along.
19 >
20 Thanks, but interpreting the output is way above my skills. I'll try
21 the suggestion of Daniel first.
22
23 Jorge