From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SATA drive controller and Linux driver.
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:25:37
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I found this SATA card.  I've found it in several places so may not buy
5 > from this vendor but this one has some nice pics of the card.  Also,
6 > brands seem to vary too.
7 >
8 > https://www.ebay.com/itm/Syba-Marvell-88SE9235-Four-Port-SATA3-Controller-Card-SI-PEX40062-NEW/132845338557
9 >
10 > I checked the kernel config options and see a Marvel driver that is
11 > close but it doesn't list this particular chip.  However, some searching
12 > leads me to believe it is supported.  Thing is, no one mentions what
13 > driver they used for it to work, just that it did or they got it to work.
14 >
15 > Does anyone have a card and know for sure that this works and is
16 > stable?  Also, any clues on what driver it takes?
17 >
18 > Thanks.
19 >
20 > Dale
21 >
22 > :-)  :-)
26 I wanted to update this just in case someone comes along wanting a
27 answer for this question.  I have the card installed and this is what
28 lspci -k shows for the card.
31 05:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9235 PCIe 2.0
32 x2 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s Controller (rev 11)
33         Subsystem: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9235 PCIe 2.0 x2
34 4-port SATA 6 Gb/s Controller
35         Kernel driver in use: ahci
36
37 Someone mentioned they thought it used the ahci driver.  It seems that
38 is correct.  I have not used the card yet.  If one installs this card,
39 enabling that driver should get it to work.
40
41 Thanks again.
42
43 Dale