From: Sean <sean@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to "freeze" my Gentoo system
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 23:55:46
1 On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 13:40 -0700, Michael Higgins wrote:
2 > Don't know the proper term, but I want to stop version updates for a while, yet allow package-rN updates...
3
4 I don't think there's a real good way to accomplish this, but the
5 approach I would take is to setup a local portage tree that the system
6 syncs from. You could then cherry pick the ebuild updates that go into
7 that local, and now customized, portage tree.
8
9 -Sean