From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server-1.5 update/old kernel+old fglrx
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 01:15:55
1 > > So you want the radeon/ati driver, the package name is
2 > xf86-video-ati, so I guess that means you want ati in VIDEO_DEVICES.
3 >
4 > It's "radeon" in recent X.Org, not "ati". Not sure when that
5 > changed. Probably with xorg-server 1.5.
6
7 Damn - I had checked the /usr/portage/x11-drivers directory and the packages are called -ati and -radeonhd, so I assumed that's what would be passed via the variable, but of course it's the modules name, so
8
9 flgrx installs ati-drivers
10 radeon installs xf86-video-ati
11 radeonhd installs xf86-video-radeonhd