From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I install/admin a bootmanager from USB stick?
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 20:08:25
1 On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 01:56:01PM -0500, Rich Freeman wrote
2 > On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 1:39 PM, <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > I'm ordered a new system for use for experimentation. Right now, I'm
4 > > looking at putting ReactOS and Minix3.3 on it. Problem... I don't think
5 > > either one is capable of booting the other. I suppose I could do a
6 > > basic install of linux, and use its bootloader. But that's overkill. Is
7 > > there a tool that'll install/admin a bootmanager from a USB stick? I'd
8 > > settle for installing LILO from a Gentoo minimal install USB or
9 > > something similar.
12 > Would this fit the bill?
13 > http://www.supergrubdisk.org/
14
15 There are complaints on the forum that the current version is hard to
16 use. It also looks like English is not the first language there. The
17 following looks like someone took templates, and slapped them together.
18 Can you make sense of the following?
19
20 http://www.supergrubdisk.org/wizard-step-put-super-grub2-disk-into-a-media/
21
22 > Put Super Grub2 Disk into an usb pendrive as an ISO image from
23 > Gnu/Linux
24 >
25 > No info how to Super Grub2 Disk into an usb pendrive as an ISO image
26 > from Gnu/Linux yet. Sorry.
27 >
28 > Put Super Grub2 Disk raw image into an usb
29 >
30 > This is the method that it should always work. Unfortunately it wipes
31 > all the pendrive contents. It's only recommended if you don't mind
32 > having unused space in your pendrive.
33 >
34 > No info on how to put Super Grub2 Disk raw image into an usb
35 > yet. Sorry. Put Super Grub2 Disk raw image into an usb and use it
36 > as an storage too
37 >
38 > This is the method that it should always work. Unfortunately it
39 > initially wipes all the pendrive contents. After an additional steps
40 > the pendrive can be reused to store any data and Super Grub2 Disk
41 > is also there ready to be used.
42 >
43 > No info on ow to put Super Grub2 Disk raw image into an usb and use
44 > it as an storage too yet. Sorry.
45 >
46 > Put Super Grub2 Disk into a CDROM (or dvd)
47 >
48 > No info on how to put Super Grub2 Disk into a CDROM (or dvd)
49 > yet. Sorry.
52 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
53 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications