From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Need a clue about merging logical volumes/groups with lvm2
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 21:13:24
1 I know there are a few lvm2 experts lurking here :)
2
3 I have a 500gig disk that is split roughly in half between two volume
4 groups, each containing four physical volumes, and each vg is formatted
5 into an ext4 filesystem of roughly 250GB.
6
7 What I plan to do is merge the two volume groups into one, containing
8 one big ext4 filesystem, which will contain all of the files currently
9 on the disk.
10
11 Can this be done without copying one of the existing ext4 filesystems
12 to a separate drive first, and then copying it back after extending
13 the remaining vg/filesystem? (One filesystem has 24GB free and the
14 other has 25GB free.)
15
16 I'm expecting a "no" but I'd like to be wrong :)