From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Why is apps-misc/gnuit blocked by dev-util/git?
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 19:44:34
1 On 2009-09-08, Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Am Dienstag 08 September 2009 21:32:42 schrieb Grant Edwards:
3
4 >> Both packages install (unrelated) executables named "gitview".
5 >
6 > Yeah, just seen it in the ebuild:
7 >
8 > # dev-util/git[gtk] installs the gitview tool which collides with this
9 > # package.
10
11 I should have known to look in the ebuild file.
12
13 > Just remove the gtk flag from git and you can install both.
14
15 Yup. Just did that. I'm surprised this sort of name collision
16 doesn't happen more often.
19 Grant Edwards grante Yow! The entire CHINESE
20 at WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL TEAM all
21 visi.com share ONE personality --
22 and have since BIRTH!!