From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth compatibility
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 01:45:50
1 On Thursday 02 November 2006 11:57, Grant wrote:
2 > I need a wireless headset to use with my softphone. My laptop doesn't
3 > have bluetooth built-in so I need a USB bluetooth adapter and
4 > bluetooth headset. Has anyone used bluetooth with Gentoo? Should I
5 > be researching both devices' Linux compatibility, or just the adapter?
6 >
7 > - Grant
8
9 Most USB bluetooth devices are pretty generic and will work with the USB HCI
10 bluetooth driver in the kernel. I don't know about the headset, but you
11 should not have any issues with the adapter itself.
14 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list