From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Help with joliet fs
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:12:28
1 Hi All,
2
3 (I'm starting a new thread with this problem, because it isn't directly
4 relevant to my previous thread on transcoding).
5
6 I am trying to burn a DVD with a large avi file (c. 3G) using K3B. K3B has a
7 number of options on the Burn settings, under Advanced ISO9960 Filesystem.
8 By default K3B only shows 'Allow 31 character filenames' and further
9 below 'ISO Level 2'.
10
11 I want to be able to read filenames which have spaces, underscores, lower case
12 letters, etc. and long names/titles, so I ticked 'Allow 103 character Joliet
13 filenames' and 'Allow untranslated ISO9960 filenames' - hoping that this will
14 do the trick. I left the default 'ISO Level 2' ticked. What happened is
15 that the DVD was burned successfully, but I cannot mount it using my Gentoo.
16 It mounts and plays fine with WinXP, but with Gentoo returns this error:
17
18 $ mount /dev/hdc
19 mount: No medium found
20
21 It makes no difference if I try it as root and if I specify UDF, iso, auto as
22 the fs type. dmesg shows this:
23
24 ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 3
25 ISOFS: changing to secondary root
26
27 My /etc/fstab looks like this:
28
29 /dev/hdc /mnt/dvd auto,iso9660,udf noauto,ro,user,exec 0 0
30
31 Could you please tell me what sort of Joliet fs options I need to select so as
32 to be able to mount the burned fs, or what do I need to configure in my
33 system to enable me to achieve this? I just annoys me that WinXP has no
34 problem and my Gentoo setup does.
35 --
36 Regards,
37 Mick