From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] external monitor
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:59:25
1 Hello Richard,
2
3 "Richard Fish" <bigfish@××××××××××.org> writes:
4
5 > On 11/9/06, Roger Mason <rmason@×××××××.ca> wrote:
6 >> Is there any way to have 1280x800 on the lcd and (simultaneously) 1280
7 >> x 1024 on the external monitor/projector?
8 >
9 > First, make sure you have xinerama in USE. If not, add it, and do an
10 > "emerge --newuse world". Xinerama is the X extension that lets
11 > applications know about multiple monitors, so that popups and font
12 > sizes work out correctly.
13 >
14 > I don't have an ATI graphics chip any more, but based on a thread [1]
15 > on the rage3d forums, I believe you'll need the following lines in
16 > your Device section:
17 >
18 > Option "MerdgedFB" "true"
19 > Option "CRT2HSync" "30.0-90.0"
20 > Option "CRT2VRefresh" "60-100"
21 > Option "CRT2Position" "RightOf"
22 > Option "MetaModes" "1280x800+1280x1024"
23 > Option "MergedXinerama" "on"
24 > Option "MergedNonRectangular" "on"
25 > Option "MergedXineramaCRT2IsScreen0" "false"
28 That now seems to be working, thanks. The only problem remaining is
29 that objects that are equidimensional (circles etc) on the LCD are
30 stretched vertically on the external monitor/projector. Do you know
31 of a fix for that?
32
33 Again, many thanks for you help.
34