From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: elog saves messages in wrong folder
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:29:19
1 On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:08:20 +0200, Marc Blumentritt wrote:
2
3 > OK, I checked some of the files in /var/log/portage and it is getting
4 > stranger! I have both types of log files with the new name format. 2
5 > examples are attached to this mail (gzipped). Both (genkernel and
6 > linux-headers) were emerged at the same day in one update of my system.
7
8 Portage has always saved two logfiles for each emerge, one with all the
9 raw output and one with the e* messages. The elog options extract some,
10 or all depending on your settings, of the information from the the latter
11 file.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 "Bohtre," said Pooh, as his dyslexia worsened