From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] checking local packages against portage
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 08:29:59
1 On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 18:17:46 -0600, Joseph wrote:
2
3 > How to check packages that are installed on my system but are no longer
4 > available in portage (so I can remove them)?
5
6 emerge -uavDN world should show them up. I get this on one machine
7
8 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
9
10 Calculating world dependencies ..... ..... ....
11 !!! Packages for the following atoms are either all
12 !!! masked or don't exist:
13 app-misc/jbidwatcher
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
20 I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
21 I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
22 All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last
23 week. Time to die.