From: "de Almeida
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] all digest files missing for portage update after rsync with local server
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 18:38:32
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Zac Medico [mailto:zmedico@g.o]
3 >
4 > The problem is that portage-2.1.2.2 will automatically exclude the
5 > digest files during sync. In order to make the sync compatible with
6 > portage-2.0.x, you can override the PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS variable
7 > that's defined in /etc/make.globals. You do that by redefining it
8 > in /etc/make.conf. Copy the value from make.globals and remove the
9 > - --filter=H_**/files/digest-* option. After you've removed that
10 > option, the digest files will reappear the next time that you sync.
11 >
12 > Note that after you upgrade from portage-2.0.x to portage-2.1.x, you
13 > need to run `emerge --metadata`.
14 >
15 > Zac
16
17 Here it is what I did for the record. On my local rsync server I set
18 PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS in /etc/make.conf as in /etc/make.globals but removed
19 --filter=...
20
21 Then, still on my local rsync server I did an emerge --sync so the
22 digest files are pulled in. I also did an update of system and world.
23 BTW here are two warnings obtained (ignored for now)
24
25 --- Invalid atom in /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
26 =media-video/ffmpeg-0.4.9-p20070325
27
28 !!! A file listed in the Manifest could not be found:
29 /usr/portage/net-fs/nfs-utils/files/nfs.confd.old
30
31 !!! Fetch for /usr/portage/net-fs/nfs-utils/nfs-utils-1.0.12.ebuild
32 failed, continuing...
33
34 Now on my other boxes I proceeded with an emerge --sync to sync the
35 portage tree with the local rsync server. A new portage version was
36 available, then I issued an emerge portage. At the end of the emerge,
37 the cache was updated on its own. Nevertheless I did do emerge
38 --metadata. Is this the right time to do this?
39
40 Should the information you sent be included in the rsync documentation?
41 In the handbook
42
43 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=2
44
45 the section on
46
47 "PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS sets a number of default variables used during sync,
48 each space-separated. These shouldn't be changed unless you know exactly
49 what you're doing. Note that certain absolutely required options will
50 always be used even if PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS is empty"
51
52 does not welcome users to explore rsync.
53
54 Thanks for your help.
57 Valmor
60 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list