From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Problems with cross-compiling
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 19:09:29
1 James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
4 > > I have setup one of my VM's to do cross-compiling for my Raspberry PI 2.
5 > > Now some packages (e.g. app-editors/vim and its dependencies) emerges
6 > > fine while other (e.g. net-misc/wget or rather one of its dependencies
7 > > dev-libs/libpcre-8.38:3) does not.
8
9 > The best place to access arm/embedded/cross compiling expertise, gentoo
10 > centric, is on the gentoo embedded irc channel.
13 There are a ton of cross compiling docs in the gentoo wiki. Do that before
14 posting questions to the gentoo-embedded irc channel, to get better results.
15 Also, if you learn new tidbits, file that information in a bug report
16 on bugs.gentoo.org, so it can be included for the next person to benefit.
17
18 So Use something like this when you google
19
20 <gentoo wiki:: cross compiling :: Raspberry PI >
21 I get::
22
23 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi/Cross_building
24