From: Pshem Kowalczyk <pshem.k@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hdparm error
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 23:28:46
1 On 06/10/05, LostSon <lostson@×××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Hello
3 > I am trying to set hdparm on my laptop and keep getting this error
4 > setting using_dma to 1 (on)
5 > HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted
6 > using_dma = 0 (off)
7 >
8 > I have gone through my kernel configs looking for anything dma related
9 > i may need but cant seem to find anything. Any ideas, thanks.
10
11 Probably you didn't compile in the right chipset. Have a look in kernel config:
12 Device Drivers -> ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support and make sure that you
13 have "Generic PCI bus-master DMA support" turned on together with the
14 right chipset.
15
16 regards
17 pshemko