From: Justin Krejci <jus@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FTPs - Is there such a thing?
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:35:50
1 On Thursday 13 July 2006 01:31 am, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 22:58 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > Ow Mun Heng wrote:
4 > > > What I meant is "secure" ftp.
5 > > > sort of like httpS as an alternative to http.
6 > > >
7 > > > short of wrapping/tunneling ftp traffic through SSH. (That's simple)
8 > >
9 > > It's called sftp, and openssh does it with this in /etc/ssh/sshd_config:
10 >
11 > Sorry, I should have mentioned that I know about that as well.
12 > Most other users are Windows users and they then to just like to click a
13 > link eg:
14 >
15 > ftp://1.2.3.4
16 >
17 > and it'll open up in explorer. (users, they don't care, as long as it
18 > works)
19 >
20 > > # override default of no subsystems
21 > > Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/misc/sftp-server
22 > >
23 > > Most SSH clients will do it, FTP clients may not.
24 >
25 > And I sincerely doubt windows explorer can do it. (Which is the problem)
26
27 Assuming you mean Microsoft Internet Explorer, you should check into a
28 microsoft windows mailing list if this has nothing to Gentoo or even Linux at
29 all. There are nice sftp/scp apps for windows - winscp works great.
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list