From: Mariusz Ceier <mceier@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage performance dropped considerably
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 15:53:39
1 No, it's not just you, running "emerge -uNDvp world" takes slightly
2 over 18 minutes on my laptop (i5 M 430 @ 2.27GHz) - and when there
3 was lot to update I had to wait over 1hr to just get the list of
4 packages. I wonder if there's some profiling tool for portage.
5 Also:
6 time FEATURES=-xattr emerge owncloud -v
7 real 6m31.202s
8 user 2m42.057s
9 sys 2m1.541s
10
11 time FEATURES=xattr emerge owncloud -v
12 real 30m15.632s
13 user 22m44.369s
14 sys 5m30.129s
15
16 5 times longer - for something that's essentially copying files.