From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 10:28:01
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 12:05 on Tuesday 07 September 2010, Al did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > > I don't know who this fellow Al is, but he seems to have a stuck idea
5 > > from 10+ years ago. Gentoo doesn't have a newsgroup probably because
6 > > Gentoo users do not want one.
7 >
8 > My father hasn't internet at all and he doesn't miss it. There are
9 > even people that can't read. They don't miss it. There are devolopers
10 > that never used a version management. They think they don't want it.
11 >
12 > So what do you want to say?
13 >
14 > Gentoo is developers network not a rest home.
17 We've been here a while and no-one has voiced a desire for a newsgroup.
18 Therefore there isn't one.
19
20 You are new here and your desires appear to conflict with the overall group.
21
22 See where we're going with this?
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com