From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chrome and everything
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 19:13:06
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > This will never change, because you can't pick up a turd by the clean end.
5 ROFLMBO That is so true.
6
7 I have to add. I subscribe to some service that emails security
8 problems, usually when they are fixed but anyway. I get a LOT of those
9 related to flash. If you don't want to believe me or Alan, this is what
10 is on the end of the emerge process:
11
12 > WARN (postinst)
13 >
14 > Flash player is closed-source, with a long history of security
15 > issues. Please consider only running flash applets you know to
16 > be safe. The 'flashblock' extension may help for mozilla users:
17 > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433
18
19 I have never got anything comet wouldn't get rid of but I have read the
20 same from numerous people. If they are only half right, it is still a
21 buggy piece of software.
22
23 I just wish there was a really good alternative that was secure. I
24 don't know of any tho.
25
26 Dale
27