From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] suspend/resume
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:23:05
1 > > Is there a way to shut the power of my laptop down and then power it
2 > > back on and have it resume right where it was when it was powered
3 > > down? I think this is called suspend/resume. I see there is a kernel
4 > > called suspend2-sources.
5 >
6 > This uses suspend2, which is an externally maintained patch to the
7 > kernel [1]. Suspend2 may work better than the in-kernel suspend
8 > implementation for some cases.
9 >
10 > I know nothing about the hardened kernel, but you should be able to
11 > enable the 'normal' suspend to disk and suspend to ram options. Look
12 > under "Power management options..." and turn on "Software Suspend" for
13 > suspend-to-disk support. You can also add "ACPI...->Sleep States" for
14 > suspend-to-ram.
15 >
16 > I highly recommend merging and using hibernate-script. This is an
17 > advanced script that can handle most suspend/standby tasks. Just edit
18 > the config file[s] in /etc/hibernate/, and run "hibernate -F
19 > <path_to_config>".
20 >
21 > I also recommend getting the ~arch version of hibernate-script, so
22 > that you can start off using the new config file layout.
23 >
24 > -Richard
25 >
26 > [1] http://www.suspend2.net/
27
28 Thanks a lot. I'm going to check this out.
29
30 - Grant
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list