From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ebuild: package specific CFLAGS
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 04:14:22
1 On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 22:10:42 -0400,
2 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
3 >
4 > I'm trying to create an ebuild of a crufty old program that needs
5 > -fgnu89-inline in compiler flags to have any chance of building.
6 >
7 > What's the way to do that in an ebuild? I could have something like
8 >
9 > src_configure() {
10 > econf $(use_enable nls) CFLAGS=-fgnu89-inline
11 > }
12 >
13 > but then, will this not _override_ (rather than add to, as desired) the
14 > CFLAGS from make.conf?
15
16 Maybe you'd be better off setting an environment variable outside the
17 ebuild in a shell script in /etc/portage/env where you can put the
18 whole CCFLAGS .
21 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
22 How do
23 you spend it?
24
25 John Covici