From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why would portage not update a package?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:56:52
1 On Sunday 02 October 2005 07:03 pm, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > The likely explanation is that ant-core is not a dependency (direct or
3 > deep) of your "world" list.
4
5 Ah, but if it is installed it must have been a dependency somewhere or in
6 place as a result of a direct emerge.
7
8 Eix and emerge both knew it was installed and that it needed to be updated at
9 the point when I was going to emerge eclipse.
10
11 So I don't think that answer covers it...
12
13 > One way to verify is with "emerge -a
14 > depclean". If you want to keep any of the depclean packages then you
15 > should add some to /var/lib/portage/world.
16
17 I haven't played with depclean so I'm going to have to look into that.
18
19 So far I've taken the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" path in regards to the
20 portage subsystem. Up until this incident I didn't think it was broke.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list