From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 08:40:08
1 On Sunday 17 February 2008, Dale wrote:
2 > Danyelle Gragsone wrote:
3 > > unsubscribe
4 >
5 > Here we go again. Everybody ready?
6 >
7 > NO !!!!!!! You can check out but you can never never leave. We
8 > hold every one hostage here. ha ha ha ha ha ha
9 >
10 > OK. Seriously. gentoo-user+unsubscribe@g.o Then confirm it.
11 > We MAY let you leave.
12
13 Dale, please don't lie to the users.
14
15 This IS Hotel California.
16
17 They can never leave.
18
19 /me searches through music collection for this brilliant track.
20
21 Side note: I've just come back to gentoo yet again from giving Ubuntu an
22 honest try for three months. I got annoyed at work one day with all the
23 work I would have to do to get suspend/hibernate working on the new
24 notebook, then I forgot to add USE=ldap for something, so tried the
25 switch like everyone else had already done.
26
27 Didn't work for me. Everywhere else the Ubuntu setup wasn't quite right
28 for me, and there's no equivalent to making a local overlay to build
29 e17 weekly, and do it EASILY. Now this hard-core Gentooite is back.
30
31 Yes, I checked out.
32 No, I could not leave.
37 Alan McKinnon