From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compatibility with Kernel 2.6.9
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:55:16
1 On Thursday 26 March 2009 19:47:05 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Hi list!
3 >
4 > A quick question:
5 >
6 > If i install Gentoo on a system with a kernel version 2.6.9 (don't ask
7 > ...),
8
9 Wow. That kernel is what 4? 5? years old
10
11 > are there issues I should be aware of?
12
13 Plenty.
14
15 First off, udev is unlikely to work for a start, so you will either need to
16 remember how we did it way bask in '05, or use a static /dev
17
18 I'm sure there are many more, I just can;t think of the details about the
19 other points you raised.
22 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com