From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:14:24
1 On Monday 26 January 2009 12:01:57 Richard Marzan wrote:
2 > I remember having a similar issue. Try blocking all gcc versions prior to
3 > 4.0. As for uninstalling the current 3.x version -- I don't know how you
4 > would remove it since you need the ebuild script that initially installed
5 > the current 3.x on your system to remove it safely.
6
7 ebuilds for installed packages are stored in /var/db/pkg to solve this very
8 problem.
9
10 It's very common to have to unmerge something that is not in the tree anymore.
11 Plus, it's the only way to guarantee that the ebuild used to uninstall
12 something is the same ebuild that installed it. ebuilds in the tree can be,
13 and are, changed without version bumps
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com